Saturday, March 14, 2009

Who Would Have Thought...




... that Lacrosse isn't just a game for preppy middle school girls?! 

We went to a Wings (Philly)/Swarm (Minnesota) Lacrosse Game at the Wachovia Center tonight because my 12 year old cousin, Jackie, was cheering in the half-time show. The kids where luke-warm about going, very concerned about it being "boring"... honestly, so was I. I told them to bring their iPods just in case. I REALLY would have preferred to stay home and sew, but I said yes because I do try to force myself outside of my comfort zone once a year or so, LOL. 

Well, let me just say, my throat is RAW from screaming, the kids had a rockin' good time and we are all Lacrosse fans now! DUDE, that was a fast paced, edge of your seat, screaming at the top of your lungs, fist fight RIGHT IN FRONT OF US! game!  We had awesome seats so when the helmets came off it was ring side seats! Sylver said, Mommy WHY are they hitting each other? I thought about it for a second and said, Well, honey, they are boys with sticks playing a game and that's just what they do .... She smiled and said, Oh, OK. The two guys got a penalty and after they where done hitting each other they patted each other on the shoulder and head and moved on. I know there is a metaphor for life somewhere in there, but I am too tired to put my finger on it. I have to say, it was more exciting than the Ice Hockey game Jesse and I went to (which was mortal enemies New Jersey v/s New York and they where throwing the helmets and gloves off in the first thirty seconds!) . WOW! What a really cool game! And I don't like sports, really. The baby was really good, enjoyed the lights and noise and when she did scream no one could hear her (BONUS!). Sylver and Talyn where standing on their seats screaming along with me, Jesse, and everyone else. They chattered about how awesome it was all the way home and the iPods never made it out of my bag :) 

The half time show was adorable, BTW. Jackie goes to a conservative Catholic School, so it wasn't inappropriate, which is my big beef with public school squads. There where two 4/5 year old boys that where part of the cheering squad and they had the whole place charmed! SO cute!

Talk about Family Fun!
Woot! Woot! Woot!

.... and we lost by ONE point in the last 4.4 seconds AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment