Sunday, April 4, 2010

What's Happening...

A couple of funny stories I want to share and remember...

We where out and about running errands and the song "Venus" came on. Sylver comes up to me and whispers in my ear "Mom, This song is DISGUSTING!!!" .... clueless, I ask her, "Why, what's it about?"... she looks at me in disbelief before Jesse says, "Honey, it's Venus with a V!!"

.......

Talyn says to me one morning... "Mom, I think Ari wants an innie belly button"
I ask why and he says, "Because I saw her trying to push hers in with a pencil..."
followed by... "Why do I have an innie and she has an outie?"
Yes, I knew it would be entertaining, so I asked, Well, why do YOU think that is?
"I think it's because the testicle cord pulls too hard when the baby is in your belly"
" The WHAT???"
" You know, the testicle cord...."
"Umbilical, baby, it's UMBILICAL!"
"Oh.... well then, what's testicle?"
"Ask Dad when he gets home."
"Why can't YOU just tell me?"
sigh...
.....

Yesterday in Target, we where in the cleaning aisle and Talyn says, "What are you looking for?" and I said, "Steel Wool" and he Says, "WOW, I want to see the totally awesome sheep that makes that wool!!!".... and the kicker is he was being SARCASTIC!!!! LOL, Momma's boy!!

.....

Other than that, it's life as usual around here. Harried, hectic chaos, which makes for a busy, blessed, content momma. I did go to the Dr. last week and my blood pressure was very high (164/110) even after relaxing and knitting for awhile. I have some bloodwork to be done to see why... could be my kidneys, being out of shape, having four kids or, more likely, all of the above. I am on a beta blocker now, but the adjustment has been pretty rough for me. I think my body metabolizes medications differently because my kidneys don't function as well as they should (just an FYI for those that don't know, I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Chronic Renal Failure during my pregnancy with Ari, it's not as scary as it sounds, promise!). The bottom line is the beta blocker makes me tired, loopy and my vision goes blurry for a couple hours after I take it. But, I have started taking it at bedtime to minimize that and I actually do feel more energetic during the day. I spent five hours disinfecting my entire kitchen from top to bottom Friday! Good times, lol :)

I would like to take a moment to pray for my sisters, Cori, Angel and Brandi. They are amazing women who are going through some difficult struggles right now.  I love you three very much.  I am so blessed to call you sisters AND friends.

Heavenly Father, I would like to take this time to lift Cori, Angel and Brandi up to you and ask that you bring them strength, peace and the knowledge of your perfect plan for their lives. Please Father, draw them close to you and heal their hurting hearts. Please bring them comfort and shower them with your Grace. Please Father, help me to be a source of love, friendship and support for them. In the precious name of your son, Jesus, I pray.

He is Risen! Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment