Friday, January 22, 2010

Tonight...

Ari found her bunny baby and "fed" it a pretend salt shaker. She went to bed with her bunny and a mommy-supplied babydoll bottle (I didn't want the poor thing to develop hypertension with all that salt!).
Watching her snuggle down in her bed wearing a pair of fleece footy PJs that proclaim "I'm NOT Sleepy!" and feed her "baby" was one of the cutest sights ever... and it greatly made up for Wednesday  night's less than peaceful bedtime, LOL.
Wednesday night she snuggled in with her doll and her blanket and before I got halfway across the room she sat bolt upright in her bed and SCREAMED, Mommy NO!
Ariya JEAN! It is night night time, lay down.....and you don't tell momma No!... hands on my hips in a firm but not angry voice... I was more surprised than anything. 
My sweet obedient toddler responded to this gentle discipline by ..... turning bright red, flinging her baby and SCREECHING at the top of her lungs NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This went on for a good 15 minutes and required Daddy intervention (and he wasn't anymore successful than I was-HAH!).
Welcome to the Terrific Twos... she won't actually be two till March, but I think we are there already.
Just for reference sake, whenever I was asked about Trin during this joyous, challenging part of parenting I responded with... Trin? Oh yeah, she's doing well... I mean, she is sort of like living with a bipolar, schizophrenic midget with a Napoleon complex, but other than that she's great....
Good Times....
gooooood times ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment