Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One of THOSE Days....

It's 2pm and I am ready to go back to bed with a bottle of tums and some chocolate (and man, am I missing wine, about now!).

Ari's latest fun thing to do is to spin in circles until she is dizzy.... you see where I am going with this, don't you? Yup, slammed her face right in to the corner of a plastic, square, litter bucket. Someone (I'm not saying who, but the little golden haired culprit knows who she is) had dragged it in to the kitchen to use as a stool and then left it there. My poor baby girl, busted her bottom lip, bit the side of her tongue and tore the top of her lip where it attaches to the gumline (frenulum). I don't do the whole blood thing very well. I tried to see the injuries through the blood and couldn't without totally becoming lightheaded and nauseated. I called Jesse and made him come home to pull her mouth open to see if she needed stitches (it's deep, but not something they generally give stitches for). I still feel queasy. I really don't do this particular part of parenting well. I am calm in a crisis until blood is visible, then it's a struggle to keep the panic at bay. She is fine, now.  A little swollen and sore, but cheerfully playing and eating. I am fighting the urge to hover and/or wrap her little body in bubble wrap.

But, wait! There is more! More?! Yup, more... (rolling my eyes, here... oh, the drama!)

Our bank made a $600!!! error, not in our favor (why are bank mistakes NEVER in your favor?!). It's fixed, thanks to my wonderful mother and her willingness to drop everything and go to the bank and pull some strings to get it fixed ASAP. I couldn't leave Ari (wasn't really in the right mindset to drive and deal with bank personal in a calm, non-freaking out manner, anyway). Mom has friends everywhere she goes, so she was able to get it fixed within 20 minutes, from Florida! Super Mom to the Rescue! Thank you, mom. I love you :)

All this before noon.
 
I am for sure NOT driving today!

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for your Grace and Faithfulness in every moment of every day. Thank You for Jesse, Mom, and Mr. Jim for bringing us lunch and company. I pray for healing for Ari's sweet little mouth and my re-occurring sinus infection/earache. In the Precious Name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment