Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some Prayers Please...

It was a very sad day today.

Our neighbor's, Tom and Melissa, are very good friends of ours. Adrian, their daughter, is Trin's BFF and Tommy and Talyn are video game amigos. They received some very devastating news in the wee hours of the morning this morning. Tom's dad committed suicide last night. We are used to seeing Big Tom in our cul-de-sac often. Trin, in particular, was quite charmed by him and I am quite certain the feeling was mutual. He spent all day with Tommy and Adrian Sunday before they went back to school today. It is going to be a long road to healing for this family. I am in prayer for them, his wife of thirty years, Cheryl, and his daughter, Shannon, who is pregnant with her first child, a daughter. If you can spare a moment to pray for them, I know that it will be heard.

The world seems topsy turvy today.

Heavenly Father, I would like to offer Melissa, Tom, Adrian, Tommy, Cheryl and Shannon up to you tonight. Please Father, comfort them and bless them with the peace and healing that comes from accepting your love in to their hearts. Please surround them with Your Love, that they might see it and accept it as a salve upon their broken hearts.
I pray for Jesse, tonight, as well. He is making some very difficult decisions this week and I just pray that he will follow the path that is Your Will for him and for our family. Thank You Heavenly Father for your Grace, your Love and the Peace that comes from knowing that Your Plan Is Perfect, even when I can't see around myself long enough to get a glimpse of it. In the Precious Name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment