Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Going Ons ...

Stacy- You are in my heart, thoughts and most of all, my prayers. I am SO sorry for your loss, sweetie. 

The blog has been neglected in favor of gardening, illness, and a wedding. 

My sister informed me a couple of weeks ago that I am "sickly". Thanks Toad. I was defensive, of course, because I have always been really healthy except for the occasional bout of strep (of which I am a carrier). I got to thinking about it though and she is right. I have been sick constantly since I got pregnant with Ari. I chalked it up to be allergic to my cats. I have been muddling through in what Jesse calls "crisis management mode" ....battling headaches, sinus infections, earaches and fatigue as they occur. I take an arsenal of allergy meds, breath steam, vacuum constantly and take a bunch of immunity boosting vitamins. My medicine cabinet is ridiculous and it is time to be pro-active.

I have been researching some of my symptoms. Some of the unusual reactions I have had to alcohol and the itchy fleeting rashes I have been getting seem to be related to yeast. So I am doing an elimination diet. Apparently gluten and cassien allergies are quite common, particularly as you get older (ACK! I found a silver hair this week!!). So, I am cutting wheat gluten and dairy to see how it makes me feel. It's only day two, but I have to say that last night for the first time in a very long time I was able to breath at night. The pollen count is SO high right now that our vehicles are all green and I spent quite a lot of time digging in the garden and pulling weeds yesterday! So, WOW! I really expected to be miserable last night! I stocked up on fresh produce, nuts, dried fruit, and tea today. It's going to suck giving up bread and milk, but if I can breath I will totally do it!

In other news, I shot my cousin's wedding last weekend. I was SO nervous I couldn't even bring myself to blog about it. Everyone in my family is convinced I am a "talented" photographer and I was really feeling the pressure! Combined with the fact that you can't reshoot a wedding, I learned my flash on the spot and I still had the kids to contend with I was pretty much a walking ulcer.  Jesse did a decent job keeping the kids and helping me arrange poses, but it certainly wasn't an ideal situation. It was a Murphy's Law sort of day, too. I spent more time crying than the bride! I am really nervous to process the pictures... I need to just get it done. Jesse took over the second half of the reception so I could sooth Ari. She had enough of Dada and fell asleep in my arms to the soothing sound of "Doing the Butt". Sheesh, if I had known that was all it took she would have had a stereo system in her room months ago! It was a really cool wedding, btw, and everyone had an awesome time!

Jesse has been staining the table that the very old Singer came in. I can't wait to post pictures of it finished! He has done an amazing job and we are both absolutely appalled that anyone would paint over such beautiful wood! He hand sanded it down and is carefully building layers of red mahogany stain on it now. 


I'll try to post some pictures of the kids at the wedding soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment